There are many ways to take action. Some are big, some are small, all of them matter. First and foremost, be centered, be ready to listen and not take offense and be ready to change. Your yoga practice gives you the foundation you need to stay calm, centered and open. Here are some other things you can do to help us move toward a healthier nation.
- Understand the term racism. Webster defines it as “a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”
- Show up – This might be to a march, a meeting, or a conversation. Show up and resist the urge to post about it online.
- Speak up and confront racist language and action.
- Invest in Black-owned banks.
- Support Black-owned companies.
- Start a Book Club and read literature that will help you understand how we got here, what our role is/has been and what we can do now.
- 75 Things White People Can Do For Racial Justice – Article full of doable action steps.